February 2011 - Making it Easy
So I decided to put my ease and proximity theory to the test.
Snack it up -The first part of my strategy is to make sure I have enough food on hand for my 5 mini meals a day so I purchased a heap of yogurt, 100 calorie cheese, and crackers and stocked my fridge at work. I am all set.
Store it up - For a few days, I look for some new containers because that fruit bowl is taking up too much room in my fridge. I visit gorhams, masters, whites - ugh - why can't you find stuff in Bermuda?
Side bar - I did find an awesome, dishwasher safe, spoon in lid, microwavable soup bowl at Lindo's so all hope is not lost - BUY BERMUDA! I even brought one as a gift. Really nice.
After searching high and low I say to myself "Get a grip, just use the plastic containers that you already have and get on with it!" However, that same week while browsing in the Phoenix, I stumbled upon storage nirvana.
I found the perfect bread box sized containers with three deep sections. I was so excited that I brought two and went home to test my new theory. I pulled out my chopping knife and cutting board and proceeded to spend the next 30 minutes or so chopping - romaine lettuce, red peppers, carrots and celery. Mission accomplished, boxes full. Monday here we come.
Week one - A sample days meal's looks something like this.
- cereal for breakfast (Fiber one clusters, 51% of daily fiber - remember what that does for your body?)
- snack - chobani greek yogurt (a whopping 14g - 16 grams of protein)
- lunch - roasted chicken with a mixed salad topped with salad accents and feta. (Prep time 3 minutes - wooohoo!!)
- snack - Kraft 100 calorie cheese and 5 reduced fat crackers
- split pea soup (cooked itself overnight in my crock pot - yeah!!!)
Not bad for a days meal prep - easy and low fat! Maybe I am on to something with this ease and proximity thing.......13 lbs down, 35 to go!!
Snack it up -The first part of my strategy is to make sure I have enough food on hand for my 5 mini meals a day so I purchased a heap of yogurt, 100 calorie cheese, and crackers and stocked my fridge at work. I am all set.
Store it up - For a few days, I look for some new containers because that fruit bowl is taking up too much room in my fridge. I visit gorhams, masters, whites - ugh - why can't you find stuff in Bermuda?
Side bar - I did find an awesome, dishwasher safe, spoon in lid, microwavable soup bowl at Lindo's so all hope is not lost - BUY BERMUDA! I even brought one as a gift. Really nice.
After searching high and low I say to myself "Get a grip, just use the plastic containers that you already have and get on with it!" However, that same week while browsing in the Phoenix, I stumbled upon storage nirvana.
I found the perfect bread box sized containers with three deep sections. I was so excited that I brought two and went home to test my new theory. I pulled out my chopping knife and cutting board and proceeded to spend the next 30 minutes or so chopping - romaine lettuce, red peppers, carrots and celery. Mission accomplished, boxes full. Monday here we come.
Week one - A sample days meal's looks something like this.
- cereal for breakfast (Fiber one clusters, 51% of daily fiber - remember what that does for your body?)
- snack - chobani greek yogurt (a whopping 14g - 16 grams of protein)
- lunch - roasted chicken with a mixed salad topped with salad accents and feta. (Prep time 3 minutes - wooohoo!!)
- snack - Kraft 100 calorie cheese and 5 reduced fat crackers
- split pea soup (cooked itself overnight in my crock pot - yeah!!!)
Not bad for a days meal prep - easy and low fat! Maybe I am on to something with this ease and proximity thing.......13 lbs down, 35 to go!!
Hello Leah,
ReplyDeleteEnjoying reading your blog and wishing your every success. You can do it!!!!
Dad
Wohoo!!
ReplyDelete