Step it Up!

So it's been a few weeks since my last post and typically when I go underground I have fallen off the band wagon. Well.....not this time. I was so inspired by Hot Like Fire I decided to look into how I could step this whole weight loss/get healthy thing up? I estimate that 80 percent of my diet and exercise was fine but I have these evening carb cravings that I needed to reign in. Yo know about those don't you? Those sit on the couch with the bag of chips moments. That big juicy sandwich moment. Don't say I am the only one. For some it's not chips or bread but ice cream, cookies and cake. The foods that feel great going down and leave you unsatisfied right after.

Well I decided that am working too hard to sabotage myself! Effective one week ago I have committed to no more binging on carbs at night. Oh goodbye night carbs, i lay you rest. Oh for the day when your memory is but a spec in my imagination!

Real change has to be about changing the habits that sabotage your success. In my case I am focused on diet and exercise but it could be any area of life. How much sleep you get, how much time you spend with your family and friends. Think about it. Pick a habit and make a decision to make a new habit.

So today I remind you and myself that we should strive for Excellence. Excellence is not a singular act, it is a habit. You are what you continually do. - Aristotle.

Here's to progress. 19 lbs down, 29 to go!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February 2011

Any Progress is Good Progress

Change, change and more change