So What's the Recipe?
The other day, someone said to me, so you know you are losing weight right? :) I smiled and they said "right of course you know!" Then they asked "so what are you doing?" I said you have to check out my blog, it's all there. I know I have talked about prepping, water and exercise but I don't know if I have ever detailed what I am specifically doing. Well, I am not certified as anything - yet....but I can share some basic principles many of which I have learned from friends, Body for Life, Cinch and many other books and programs along the way.
Non negotiable - 5 small meals a day. When I say small I mean small, snacks no more than 200 and meals no more than 500. Breakfast is very important and I make sure I eat something no matter what. It could be a shake or 3 egg whites and a slice of whole grain toast. Three hours after breakfast, I typically eat a snack. As I said, my snacks are always less than 200 calories could be some type of low carb protein bar, chobani yogurt with berries, grapefruit with almonds, or a shake. For lunch I eat a salad and protein, and if I am hungry another whole grain (typically 1/2 cup of brown rice). Around 3pm I have another snack and then for dinner, a protein with veges or a salad - tonight I had a vegetable pizza on whole grain crust - WHAT A SPLURGE!
That's it folks! Simple, not a lot of drama, prep once and a weeks worth of meals are just about complete. If you like variety one of my favorite books is the Body for Life cookbook. However keep in mind, if you are going to eat carbs (which I think are really important if you are doing your own program) whole grains are best!
Last but not least, in addition to eating right, there is the other weapon - exercise - just get out - walk, run, swim, play basketball, whatever you enjoy, just move! I think my biggest secret is weights. Building up muscle really helps to burn fat. When I last checked I could bench two 30lb dumbbells which is not to shabby for a chick! :)
So that's the long and short but I can't tell a lie, I don't get it right every week, but when I am on, the weight comes off. So if you are thinking about doing something, what do you have to lose? Work it, work it!!
32 pounds down, 16 pounds to go! On the count down baby! Costa Rica here I come.
Non negotiable - 5 small meals a day. When I say small I mean small, snacks no more than 200 and meals no more than 500. Breakfast is very important and I make sure I eat something no matter what. It could be a shake or 3 egg whites and a slice of whole grain toast. Three hours after breakfast, I typically eat a snack. As I said, my snacks are always less than 200 calories could be some type of low carb protein bar, chobani yogurt with berries, grapefruit with almonds, or a shake. For lunch I eat a salad and protein, and if I am hungry another whole grain (typically 1/2 cup of brown rice). Around 3pm I have another snack and then for dinner, a protein with veges or a salad - tonight I had a vegetable pizza on whole grain crust - WHAT A SPLURGE!
That's it folks! Simple, not a lot of drama, prep once and a weeks worth of meals are just about complete. If you like variety one of my favorite books is the Body for Life cookbook. However keep in mind, if you are going to eat carbs (which I think are really important if you are doing your own program) whole grains are best!
Last but not least, in addition to eating right, there is the other weapon - exercise - just get out - walk, run, swim, play basketball, whatever you enjoy, just move! I think my biggest secret is weights. Building up muscle really helps to burn fat. When I last checked I could bench two 30lb dumbbells which is not to shabby for a chick! :)
So that's the long and short but I can't tell a lie, I don't get it right every week, but when I am on, the weight comes off. So if you are thinking about doing something, what do you have to lose? Work it, work it!!
32 pounds down, 16 pounds to go! On the count down baby! Costa Rica here I come.
Excellence is not a singular act. It is a habit. You are what you continually do.
~ Aristotle ~
Comments
Post a Comment