May 2012 (Month 5) - Time to Come Clean
It's now May it's been two months since I last posted. To be honest, I have been putting it off because I was hoping that I would be able to get back down to my 13lbs to go. Well, 5 months into the year and unfortunately I am not there in fact I have gained back some of the weight - ok not some a BIT! However, along the way I have learned some valuable lessons....which I am hoping to put into practice and which will hopefully help you in your journey as well.
It was early March when I realized that I was not winning my weight loss battle. On my 4th bout of the flu and/or spring cold I was frustrated, tired and sick. So instead of exercising...I mean who feels like exercising when they are sick, I went into a bit of a funk and started eating....not crazy but just whatever I wanted to eat. As you know, there is a BIG difference between eating for weight loss and eating to maintain.
So after several frustrating months, I decided to look into something that would jump start my program. I went online and started looking for medical spas. I found a few great ones but eventually my searches started to lean towards fitness camps. When I thought about locale I decided that if I was going to head to the states I might as well connect with the fam so I zeroed in on programs in sunny Southern California.
I stumbled across a place called Live In Fitness Enterprise (LIFE). Forty minutes away from my brother and it seemed like fitness camp nirvana, so without a second thought I booked myself in for a week's stay and found a few unsuspecting friends to go with me.....little did I know what LIFE was going to bring to my LIFE! Stay tuned for my next few posts on the program at LIFE, what I learned and how I have refocused my program.
In a spirit of transparency, I will say 23 lbs down! So as you can see I have some work to do to get back on track. But hey that's what this blog is all about. The race is not given to the swift but to the person that endures to the end. I have also learned that sometimes, the end is just a continuation of the journey so until next time, I will keep at it :)!
It was early March when I realized that I was not winning my weight loss battle. On my 4th bout of the flu and/or spring cold I was frustrated, tired and sick. So instead of exercising...I mean who feels like exercising when they are sick, I went into a bit of a funk and started eating....not crazy but just whatever I wanted to eat. As you know, there is a BIG difference between eating for weight loss and eating to maintain.
So after several frustrating months, I decided to look into something that would jump start my program. I went online and started looking for medical spas. I found a few great ones but eventually my searches started to lean towards fitness camps. When I thought about locale I decided that if I was going to head to the states I might as well connect with the fam so I zeroed in on programs in sunny Southern California.
I stumbled across a place called Live In Fitness Enterprise (LIFE). Forty minutes away from my brother and it seemed like fitness camp nirvana, so without a second thought I booked myself in for a week's stay and found a few unsuspecting friends to go with me.....little did I know what LIFE was going to bring to my LIFE! Stay tuned for my next few posts on the program at LIFE, what I learned and how I have refocused my program.
In a spirit of transparency, I will say 23 lbs down! So as you can see I have some work to do to get back on track. But hey that's what this blog is all about. The race is not given to the swift but to the person that endures to the end. I have also learned that sometimes, the end is just a continuation of the journey so until next time, I will keep at it :)!
Excellence is not a singular act. It is a habit. You are what you continually do.
~Aristotle~
Leah I want to hear all about it from both of you!! Sounds awesome!
ReplyDelete