Monthlly Muse - Principles to Live By (May 2012)
For those of you that work in the business world I am sure you have heard your managers or leaders talk about guiding principles. A few months ago I was talking to my girlfriend and she said that she is a big fan of four principles:
1) Always do your best
2) Don't take anything personally
3) Be impeccable with your word
4) Don't make assumptions
So that got me thinking what are the principles by which I live my LIFE. I had to take a step back and really think about that one...... A principle is defined as a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior for a chain of reasoning. Or put another way, a principle is a rule or belief governing one's personal behavior.
When I left LIFE, I thought that it was such a great name for a place designed for helping people to become the best "me" that they could be. On a whim I decided to make up my own acronym that describes how I want to live my LIFE. I came up with:
Living
Inspired
Free
Everyday
LIVING - LIFE should be lived, not endured, tolerated or allowed to pass us by. Do you you really live or are you watching the reel of your life waiting for "things" to die down so you can participate.
INSPIRED - Where do you draw inspiration, where do you get your energy? I personally draw inspiration from God, the Bible, healthy living, nature, friends, family, hard experiences. Find something that really inspires and excites you and then make every effort to make it a part of your LIFE.
FREE - I believe that it is my faith in God that truly sets me free. I also believe that looking at LIFE with new lenses, inspired lenses gives me a sense of freedom. Freedom to enjoy LIFE even in the midst of the madness.
EVERYDAY - Last but not least, don't wait - do something EVERYDAY! It does not have to be a big thing take 10 minutes or an hour just carve out some time to reset and refocus or do something that inspires you....it could be a Latte, a walk, sitting outside in the fresh air and taking in the sunshine.
I encourage you to find small ways to give to yourself and live your best LIFE.
LIFE is too short! Don't let it pass you by.
Much love! Have a great weekend!
Next month - the report on LIFE (the Life in Cali that is) - described in one word - BRUTAL!!
1) Always do your best
2) Don't take anything personally
3) Be impeccable with your word
4) Don't make assumptions
So that got me thinking what are the principles by which I live my LIFE. I had to take a step back and really think about that one...... A principle is defined as a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior for a chain of reasoning. Or put another way, a principle is a rule or belief governing one's personal behavior.
When I left LIFE, I thought that it was such a great name for a place designed for helping people to become the best "me" that they could be. On a whim I decided to make up my own acronym that describes how I want to live my LIFE. I came up with:
Living
Inspired
Free
Everyday
LIVING - LIFE should be lived, not endured, tolerated or allowed to pass us by. Do you you really live or are you watching the reel of your life waiting for "things" to die down so you can participate.
INSPIRED - Where do you draw inspiration, where do you get your energy? I personally draw inspiration from God, the Bible, healthy living, nature, friends, family, hard experiences. Find something that really inspires and excites you and then make every effort to make it a part of your LIFE.
FREE - I believe that it is my faith in God that truly sets me free. I also believe that looking at LIFE with new lenses, inspired lenses gives me a sense of freedom. Freedom to enjoy LIFE even in the midst of the madness.
EVERYDAY - Last but not least, don't wait - do something EVERYDAY! It does not have to be a big thing take 10 minutes or an hour just carve out some time to reset and refocus or do something that inspires you....it could be a Latte, a walk, sitting outside in the fresh air and taking in the sunshine.
I encourage you to find small ways to give to yourself and live your best LIFE.
LIFE is too short! Don't let it pass you by.
Much love! Have a great weekend!
Next month - the report on LIFE (the Life in Cali that is) - described in one word - BRUTAL!!
Living Life, Inspired, Free, Everyday - love it! A great mantra to practice daily. I look forward to hearing how you incorporate it into your daily regime.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work!
xox Norma
Hey what is up with June and July. We need you to get on track you are our hero - Sims
ReplyDelete